Wednesday, October 29, 2008

 For a yummy and easy soup, I buy a rotisserie chicken, put it in chicken broth or stock, and boil it until the meat is falling off the bone. Remove the bird, debone, and return cubed meat to stock. Then add chopped garlic, celery, carrots, salt, pepper, other seasonings, etc and cook it for an hour, adding noodles if desired about 10 minutes prior to serving.
  Thanks for the mac and cheese recipes! Feel free to keep posting any recipes that are quick, easy, and delicious!

2 comments:

LolaSophia said...

Hi Jen -
LOVE this idea! One thing I always keep on hand is the pre-cooked sliced chicken breast. You can buy this at BJs or Aldis. I like Tyson brand. You can throw these into anything! I've used it in soups, to make a quick chicken pot pie, throw it into pasta - it's great!

To make the pot pie - take a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, some of the chicken breast and a can of mixed vegetables. Mix together and bake at 350 until warm (about 20-30 minutes) then, you can either take a package of store bought biscuits or mix bisquick biscuits and put it on top. NOTE - if you use store bought make sure they aren't the GRANDS these are too big and it takes longer to cook through from the bottom. Cook the casserole another 15 minutes until the biscuits are golden. Enjoy!

Kelly said...

Jen,
Is your family fans of tofu? I have this great Buffalo Tofu "chicken" salad recipe (well, it's more just a hodge podge of stuff I throw in) that I make all the time for my family and fool them (especially my dad and brother, Jeffrey, who are big meat eaters) into thinking it's chicken! ha!
Let me know if you're interested, it's really really easy! Or, come on over and I'll make it for ya!
-Kelly Mc.